Get the feeling of fall with this decadent tart that’s sure to please.
This recipe is courtesy of Anthony Borgo, CCC, CBS, and a professor of culinary programs at the School of Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism at Georgian College in Barrie, Ont.
- Semi-sweet chocolate 680 g
- Unsalted butter 340 g
- Whole eggs 6
- Raspberries, fresh 1 pint
- Pâte sucrée 1 lined 10-inch tart tin (recipe included)
- Semi-sweet chocolate 340 g
- 35% cream 225 ml
- Unsalted butter 225 ml
Heat oven to 185 C (365 F)
- Line tart tin with short crust dough. Bake the shell “blind” for 8 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, melt semi-sweet chocolate and butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Beat eggs in small mixing bowl at high speed for 5 minutes, until light and lemony in colour.
- Fold chocolate mixture into eggs until well blended. Pour into the partially baked shell and return the tart to the oven.
- Bake at 185 C (365 F) for a further 8-10 minutes; edges will be set and centre will jiggle.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour; then glaze with ganache.
To prepare ganache:
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring the cream and butter to a low boil.
- Add in the chocolate and stir until blended well.
- Cool to 29 C (85 F).
- Pour chocolate ganache over the tart and allow to cool.
To serve, cover tart with the fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar and dark chocolate shavings.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply