Business and Operations
Health and Safety
B.C. strengthens COVID-19 measures including limiting restaurant table sizes to 6
December 22, 2021 By Bakers Journal
British Columbia’s health officer is implementing additional measures to address rising COVID-19 case counts in an effort reduce the potential to overstress the health-care system.
Revised provincial health officer orders will take effect on Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
The restrictions will extend to Jan. 18, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., and include:
- no organized indoor social events and gatherings of any size
- concerts, sports games and theatres reduced to 50 per cent seated capacity, regardless of venue size
- closing gyms, fitness centres and dance studios
- closing bars and nightclubs
- limiting table sizes at restaurants, cafes and pubs to a maximum of six people per table with physical distancing or barriers
These restrictions are in addition to the revised orders that took effect on Monday, Dec. 20.
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply