Ardent Mills releases annual sustainability report
July 29, 2019
By Bakers Journal
Ardent Mills, the flour-milling and ingredient company, has released its annual Sustainability Report for Fiscal 2019.
“Our sustainability pillars focus on agriculture, operations, procurement and transportation,” said Dan Dye, CEO of Ardent Mills in a press release. “We recently aligned our efforts with the United Nations and their Agenda for Sustainable Development and Sustainable Development Goals. By championing sustainability and focusing on these global goals, we believe our investment in sustainability delivers a product that brings value to our customers and the environment.”
The report dives into many Ardent Mills initiatives that are making a positive environmental impact. Some highlights include:
- New alignment with the UN Sustainable Development Goals targeted at Zero Hunger, Responsible Consumption and Production, and Climate Action.
- The initiative to recycle paper in the Newton facility has resulted in 400 tons of waste recycled and 6,766 trees saved since inception.
- The Ardent Mills Innovation Center in the Denver headquarters began composting in Fiscal Year 2018. Since the program began, 80,409 lbs. of material have been diverted from the landfill.
- The focus on energy saving projects yielded a reduction in 3,779 tons of greenhouse gases over Fiscal Year 2018.
- Ardent Mills is a proud partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Smartway® Program, working with carriers who choose clean-burning fuel alternatives.
- Information on our strategic relationship with Colorado Quinoa; not only to find a Colorado source of quinoa, but also discover water-saving opportunities for farmers in the San Luis Valley.
“We are pleased to share our story and demonstrate how we partner with customers, communities, vendor partners and team members for a more sustainable world,” added Dye. “At Ardent Mills, we believe sustainability is everyone’s business.”
The report is available for download at https://www.ardentmills.com/media/1789/fy19-sustainability-report-1-compressed.pdf.
Print this page