Ardent Mills introducing speciality grains at IFT
July 16, 2018 By Bakers Journal
Denver-based Ardent Mills, the flour-milling and ingredient company, is returning to the annual Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Meeting & Food Expo to introduce The Annex.
This year’s show will take place from July 15-18, 2018, at Chicago’s McCormick Place, where the Ardent Mills Mobile Innovation Center (MIC) will showcase a growing portfolio of grain innovations.
Ardent Mills will be introducing The Annex by Ardent Mills (“The Annex”) to IFT attendees. The Annex is a team of experts dedicated to bringing a broad portfolio of plant and specialty grain innovations to the industry, including ancient and heirloom grains, pulses, barley and organic products available in unique formats such as crisps and Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) grains, perfectly cooked and ready for culinary inspiration.
Ardent Mills’ culinary team will be serving grain-based dishes from the MIC, which includes a full kitchen and baking center. A three-day sampling menu will show industry professionals how spelt, pulses, North American grown quinoa, IGF grains, crisps and other grain innovations can meet the demand for simple, delicious, safe and wholesome foods.
Some of innovative grain-based menu samples will include:
- Build Your Own Bowl Stations: Build-a-Breakfast Bowl with IQF grains and a variety of breakfast toppings. In the afternoon, build an IQF grain bowl featuring tipped with various flavours, including fajita chicken, Korean BBQ or globally inspired curries.
- Quinoa Falafel: Made with IQF Great Plains Quinoa and IQF Red Quinoa and served with tzatziki sauce.
- Chilaquiles: Featuring White Sonora Flour, IQF Red Quinoa, and IQF Great Plains Quinoa and served with sour cream and green onions.
Print this page
- Study finds perception of cleanliness can boost sales
- Solvay unveils clean label vanillin replacement